What is Multi-systemic Therapy (MST)?
Multi-systemic Therapy (MST) is an intensive family, home, and community-based treatment program designed to address serious problem behaviors of youth between the ages of 12 through 18. The 3 to 5-month long program targets behaviors, including, but not limited to, aggressive/violent acting out, and substance abuse.
Research studies of troubled youth are clear, juvenile problem behavior is closely related to difficulties in the following areas:
- Family Relations
- School Performance
- Peer Relations
- Neighborhood and community relations
What Makes MST Work?
MST empowers parents with the skills and resources needed to independently address the difficulties that arise in raising adolescents and empowers youth to cope with family, peer, school, and neighborhood problems.
- MST Therapists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Services are provided in the home, school, neighborhood, and community
- Caseloads of therapists are small (4-6 families per therapist) and treatment is intensive
- MST therapists are fully trained in MST
- Length of treatment averages 3-5 months
- Each team has a supervisor and an expert consultant who will consult weekly on your case
Is MST Right for You and Your Family?
If your child is:
- Failing school
- Skipping class; has been suspended, or expelled
- Threatens others or is aggressive
- Breaks curfew or has negative peers/friends
- Loses his/her temper
- Joining gangs
- Uses drugs or alcohol
- Refuses to comply with rules
MST services can help!
Start the journey now. You can give us a call for more info.